Monday, March 28, 2011

Shouldn't things be easier by now?

I haven't posted a blog for the last several days because I have been at a loss as to what to post.  So much has happened since my last post, I just don't know how to get all of it out of my head and into words on this keyboard.  Then I came across this story that was tweeted by a gal that I follow:  http://www.ktnv.com/story/14338042/baby (thanks leladavidson for the link!)

It's a story about a new set of parents who had their newborn child taken from them because they wanted to take a holistic approach to their child's mild jaundice.  Even after talking to a staff pediatrician, who by the way, was ok with the idea of the parents taking their child home, the nurse who was assigned to them called Social Services to report them.  Now, I am all for looking out for kids, but this was ridiculous.  A DOCTOR, someone with the education and title, thought it would be ok for the child to go home with mom and dad, but the NURSE (who I understand has just as much knowledge as most doctors) didn't care and put these people through hell.  And Social Services took the child away.  This doesn't just anger me, it really infuriates me.  What these parents were suggesting was not abusive, would not have hurt the child in any way, shape or form, and the child was removed.  My son, who is being hit with a wooden spoon that leaves a mark by a deranged step-mother, emotionally abused by this lunatic, as well as verbally abused, is left to fend for himself because the social worker is either too lazy or too stupid to give a damn. 

I am so upset that my son is living in such a terrible household, where fear is used to keep him in control, so that his father and step mother can do what they want.  It's a tragedy, but I intend to do something about it. I just don't know what or how.  Wish me luck?

2 comments:

  1. I am still here holding your hand whenever you need me babe. My friend, who was a foster mom, knows somewhat about the system, said to just keep calling and bugging them, showing them your pictures, begging them to help your son. Keep talking to his counselor too. Ask her to please keep records of his behavior and make sure you are keeping records of when he says they are abusing him. Match dates of the abuse to dates of him acting out in school. Maybe you plus the counselor calling will get them to do something. I wish I could call for you too but not much I can do but be there for you, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina. I sure didn't think this blog was going to be all about my troubles with Joe, but it sure seems to be working out that way. I still haven't heard anything from CS. It's so frustrating. Blake is doing better at least. I bet for now, Reagan treats him nicely. Typical abusive behavior. One of these days someone is going to hear me. I just hope it's before Blake explodes.

    ReplyDelete